Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Boston Tweetup July 24, 2007

Last night there was a meetup of Boston-area Tweeters (and a couple non-Tweeters) at Boston Beer Works, followed by a free sneak preview of "No Reservations". Thanks to Chris Brogan for orchestrating a last-minute venue change and getting us hooked up for the movie. Thanks also to CC for the clue-in to the movie screening.

It was a really fun crowd and I got to meet some great people for the first time. Doug Haslam, Clarence Smith, Laura Fitton, nice to meet you all. Got to know CC Chapman and Kroosh a lot better, had a nice chat with Steve Garfield at the movie theater, and got to meet Amy Carpenter, whom Steve invited. I'll admit to being a bit star-struck with Amy. I was too shy to engage her in conversation. I've admired her art and video for a long time and always wanted to meet her. I did catch the last half of her wild quitting-her-job fantasy on this clip.

Dave LaMorte also showed up toward the end and some others, too. Was a really fun time. After the food and drink we went to the movie and then five of us who were really thirsty decided to go for a little after-meet meet at Boston Billiards. Some great conversation ensued there. What a lively, smart and creative group of people muh Twitter peeps are!


3 Comments:

Blogger Goldie Katsu said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun. Thanks for posting the video.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:11:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Hey it's no 8 random things from my desk..but it's close.

:o)

Looks like a great time to me!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 9:03:00 PM  
Blogger Doug Haslam said...

Wow, I was really fondling that iPhone (shudders) I was actually more intrigued by Steve Garfield's N95 long term, but I guess I just had to...

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 9:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home