Sunday, July 22, 2007

8 Random Things About Me

My Twitter friend Cathleen Rittereiser tagged me with this meme. Here goes...

1. When I was two years old, I was attacked and almost killed by a hive of bees in a rock pile in back of the apartment where we lived. I can still remember sitting in a pan of hot water while my mother put compresses on the stings.

2. I have a scar on my left cheek. Women sometimes ask me about it. I think they imagine I got it from a jealous lover. I should be so lucky. In fact, I just picked at a scab from some kind of cut I got playing in the yard as a kid.

3. I love cranberry juice. In fact, I'm going to get another glass now...with ice.

4. I saw Jimi Hendrix live, went to college with Jay Giles, but didn't make it to Woodstock.

5. I can't wear rings. I get a form of eczema underneath them.

6. I endeavor to have absolutely no superstitions. I don't believe in God, ghosts, UFOs, astrological fortunes, lucky golf socks or black cats. It is a most liberating, simple and easy way to live. You should try it.

7. I don't like broccoli, which is one thing I agree with George H.W. Bush (the elder) about. I suspect he may also share my opinion that his son is a wise-ass frat boy altogether unqualified to be President.

8. I cook a mean bowl of chili. Good scrambled eggs, too.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I hate broccoli too!

Sunday, July 22, 2007 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger Brendajos said...

lol I will happily eat the broccoli for both of you, as long as someone hasn't screwed it up by adding cheese! ;-) You can keep the eggs though.

And 41 and 43 for that matter.

Sunday, July 22, 2007 10:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're oh so wrong about broccoli, the misunderstood vegetable. But I'm glad you played along with the 8 things meme anyhow!

Sunday, July 22, 2007 10:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't live without my cranberry juice!

Monday, July 23, 2007 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger Annie & Suz said...

We adore broccoli...have you tried it with loads of cheese on top? Anything tastes better that way...

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 7:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home