8 Random Things About Me
1. When I was two years old, I was attacked and almost killed by a hive of bees in a rock pile in back of the apartment where we lived. I can still remember sitting in a pan of hot water while my mother put compresses on the stings.
2. I have a scar on my left cheek. Women sometimes ask me about it. I think they imagine I got it from a jealous lover. I should be so lucky. In fact, I just picked at a scab from some kind of cut I got playing in the yard as a kid.
3. I love cranberry juice. In fact, I'm going to get another glass now...with ice.
4. I saw Jimi Hendrix live, went to college with Jay Giles, but didn't make it to Woodstock.
5. I can't wear rings. I get a form of eczema underneath them.
6. I endeavor to have absolutely no superstitions. I don't believe in God, ghosts, UFOs, astrological fortunes, lucky golf socks or black cats. It is a most liberating, simple and easy way to live. You should try it.
7. I don't like broccoli, which is one thing I agree with George H.W. Bush (the elder) about. I suspect he may also share my opinion that his son is a wise-ass frat boy altogether unqualified to be President.
8. I cook a mean bowl of chili. Good scrambled eggs, too.